Tuesday 12 January 2010

Calling all pin-ups!

By Naomi

As a fan of all things Hollywood Glamour I don't think I have been this excited about a fashion find since the launch of a Vintage & Retro charity shop in my hometown. UK fashion brand Tara Starlet combines an ethical and environmental attitude with a love of fashion from the 30s, 40s and 50s and its pieces are just delicious; from playsuits, and high-waisted shorts to day dresses and peep-hole blouses. The only difficulty is trying to pick which item I want the most!

As it is still pretty nippy outside I am drawn to this super-cute Cosy Cape (£75), also available in a peach shade perfect for Winter to Spring:


Ooh la la!

I also love these Sailor Slacks (£56), which are a chic alternative to skinny jeans and are also available in tweeds that are great for work!


Ahoy there Sailor!

Duo Tara and her mother design and manufacture in the UK using recycled fabrics and trimmings where possible as well as end of roll fabrics to create limited edition pieces. See http://www.tarastarlet.com/ to buy!

Facts: Tara Starlet; Ethical vintage glamour; UK made; recycled; salvaged fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment