Wednesday 14 October 2009

Bring on the cold!

By Naomi

So quickly the long lazy days of summer are gone and autumn arrives. Wait a minute. Where were the long lazy days of summer!? I think we were cheated somewhat!

Whilst I am a sun-worshipper I have to confess the onset of winter always gets me excited. Christmas lights, outdoor ice skating, fireworks mince pies and the prospect of a fresh AW wardrobe! Note I use the word fresh, not new. Although there have been a few new purchases, I am trying to steer clear of the creeping temptation to buy a whole new set of clothes.

I have bought a long creamy vintage fake-fur coat for when it gets frosty and am planning to fix my tweed trench coat from last year with some crafty stitching (I hope!) and some new buttons. There are some wicked second hand coats out there, particluarly on ebay where I have been shamelessly lusting over vintage Burberry trenches. Plus I always find coats on the high street a bit...uninspired?! They are often either boring and bland or so trendy they a) won't go with most of your wardrobe and b) won't last more than a season. By contrast the cropped vintage fake-fur jacket that my mum wore in the 80s is so well made and luxurious I get excited every time it is cold enough to wear it!

If you are after something new, Ascension (formerly Adili) has launched this sublime creation of a jacket:

Yum.

Its glam enough to wear out at night, smart enough for work, classic enough to sport through the seasons yet with an ode to this season's statement shoulder, this is a jacket masterpiece! It is fully lined and with a 3/4 length sleeve which is perfect for showing off your jewellery on festive nights out.

Fairly traded from Nepal this is certainly one of the most guilt-free ways of adding to your wardrobe and a true investment piece. It comes in at £109. visit www.ascensiononline.com to buy.

In the meantime, I will be digging out my hats and coloured leather gloves, and looking out for second hand boots & jumpers, so let the weather do its worst!

Send in your tips for and pics of eco and ethical AW fashion to ecogoddess@live.co.uk and we will share with the world.

Naomi x


Featured jacket is available from  www.ascensiononline.com

Facts: Fair Trade, cotton, cropped, Ascension

No comments:

Post a Comment