Monday 14 February 2011

Feeling romantic?

by Naomi

It's Valentine's Day and this has got us all fired up with romance. Seeing as Lorna has so beautifully taken care of the occasion for single ladies ("all the single ladies, all the single ladies"...yes singing this is now compulsory), I thought I would add my two pennies for those of you that are loved up!

So my post today has two parts: I am going to show you what I made for my beau, and also what I came across that got my fashion loins burning!

First things first....an idea for a cost-effective (around £15 shhhh...) and a pretty easy romantic gesture:

I made Red Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes with cream and red maraschino buttercream and little chocolate hearts to decorate (these were a find in the supermarket baking aisle!). While they were baking I made Milk Chocolate Honeycomb Hearts, White Chocolate Orange Hearts which I dyed pink, and White Chocolates with Milk Chocolate Hearts. All with fairtrade, organic and free range ingredients where possible. Yum!

So from bright pink hearts and things to something a little more dark and mysterious! If Valentine's has got you thinking about popping the big question, then take a look at Hattie Rickards' stunning jewellery collection.

She works with a Colombian mine that has high environmental standards, works in partnership with an NGO to ensure traceability, and all gems and stones are sourced from a supplier with strong ethical and environmental policies.

Her designs are contemporary and full of expression. This Raw Crown ring, made from 18ct gold and rough diamonds, is definitely not for your traditional bride-to-be! But there is something magnificently vampish about it; it's almost villain-chic (I'm thinking Cruella De Ville/ Bond baddy/ Miranda Priestly of Devil Wears Prada). It was recently sported by the stunning (and not remotely villainous) eco goddess Livia Firth at the London Film Critics Circle Award.

If your lady likes jewellery pieces that are edgy, unusual and striking this could be perfect! Prices are on request.

Facts: Homemade Valentine's treats. Hattie Rickards Raw Crown ring: ethical gold, rough diamonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment