Sunday 15 May 2011

Wardrobe hero - Go nuts for Monkee Genes!

By Lorna
The old scool theory that 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes (Pareto principle 1906) is certainly true in my wardrobe.. I definitely wear 20% of my clothes about 80% of the time!

Of course, it's lovely to have that awesome vintage dress/suit you picked up from that amazing Aladdin's cave shop, for a special party. For normal life however, we all have our Wardrobe Heros! This is the first blog I've written about about a wardrobe hero (there will be more)... I've decided that to qualify for this prestigious title, they must be ethical (obvs), must have been worn for six months, still look great and must be a key item (one of my 20%) This strict set of rules means you can truely trust my tried and tested opinion!
I can honestly say my fav pair of organic cotton black skinny Monkee Genes tick ALL boxes! They look great, still fit really well (despite frequent washing), have not faded in colour (as many high street jeans do) and I wear them to DEATH. Seriously.... I think I have a problem. They look great with tees, with jersey dresses over, with shirts, as leggings, etc etc.. they are my 'go-to' work outfit. I bought them for £50 from Topshop on Oxford Street (London) but they have their own website showcasing lots more lovely basic and fashion forward styles for guys and girls!
Skinnys have been the KEY shape for Denim for a long time now but as the 70s trend continues to grow in strength this summer, bootcut and Flares are getting more and more popular. Luckily the lovely (and ridiculously cool) people at Monkee Genes have got it all under control..
If I was to buy another pair now, I'd probably buy the organic lightweight chino jeans, chinos are big news at the mo, perfect for work and play!


Check out these fab WARDROBE HEROS here

Facts: Monkey Genes, awesome jeans, eco, organic cotton, £50, unisex

1 comment: