Sunday 8 August 2010

Go organic, with our Top 10!

by Naomi

With the Soil Association's Organic Fortnight coming up (September 3-17), I figured it's my duty to all aspiring eco goddesses (ourselves included) to discover some of the best organic products out there.

Obviously eating organic food is one of the biggest contributions we can make, particularly as research has suggested that pesticides are causing a decline in the bee population. But the eco goddess cannot live on bread alone, and buying organic in other areas is just as important.

Over the coming weeks I will be listing my Top 10 Organic Finds, so if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them! Simply email me at ecogoddess@live.co.uk

At number 10 is:

Organic Surge Hand & Nail Cream.
After my post on Mavala nail polishes, I have been on an additional quest to find great eco hand and nail products. The guys at BigGreenSmile.com were kind enough to send me a sample of the Gentle Meadow fragrance and it's B-E-A-Uuutiful.
It is 91% organic and naturally derived ingredients, and moisturises wonderfully without being greasy. The lavender and geranium essential oils make you feel like you could be in a meadow somewhere (even if it is grey outside) and more importantly - the bees are kept happy! At £3.91 a pop it's a bargain, and Organic Surge does lots of other lovely looking beauty products, which make great little gifts.

PS. BigGreenSmile.com is a great website in itself, with hundreds of green products, so check it out!

Facts: Soil Association Organic Fortnight September 3-17; Organic Surge Hand & Nail Cream in Gentle Meadow: 91% organic and naturally derived ingredients; BigGreenSmile.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment