Monday 14 March 2011

A perfectly beautiful Monday treat

by Naomi

After the long, dark and cold winter, which I spent pretty much entirely covered in layer upon layer of clothing, there's nothing like sunny days and the prospect of summer to inspire me to make that little bit more effort with my appearance!

You may remember that a little while back that I reviewed a Bourjois liquid foundation; well after a while I got a tired of using liquid (it seems to come off on everything I come into contact with, although I would still recommend it if you're a fan of liquids) so the search for perfectly beautiful skin was back on!

I spied that Une had an offer on: buy any foundation and get a free Breezy Cheeks Blush worth £8.99. I love a good deal and I have been eyeing up their foundations for a while. I chose Une's 100% Mineral Powder Foundation, £9.99. 


I cannot recommend mineral foundation enough, and this one's a beauty. It gives even coverage and has a kind of dewy, glowing finish to it which makes it great whatever your skin type and will also work as a day-to-night foundation. It doesn't seem to block my pores or look cakey and the colours available are refreshingly non-orange! The pot is quite small, but you don't need a lot on your brush.

As for the blush, it's made from 100% natural ingredients, 10.2% of which are from organic farming, certified by EcoCert. I went for and the B 03 shade which is a sort of vintage dusky rose pink that's very in fashion at the moment, very light and summery, and which combined with the creamy texture gave a really delicate, subtle glow. The front of the case is also a mirror which is very handy if you like to do your make-up on the go!


I'm hoping that next week's Monday treat will be a super-chic crafty one - fingers crossed that it works!

P.S. I can't post without addressing the terrible situation in Japan. Our thoughts are with all of those affected. If you can spare even a few pounds, you can donate to help them here.

-x-

Facts: Une Beauty make up: on offer at Boots; buy any foundation and get a Breezy Cheeks Blush free (subject to availability); natural ingredients, some of which is derived from organic farming.

No comments:

Post a Comment